|Harriet Tubman would be so proud!|
- Ford v Ferrari – A live action remake of "Cars 2" and the duel between Lightning McQueen and Francesco Bernoulli. As Henry Ford once said, "History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present, and the only history that is worth a tinker's damn is the history that we make today." Amen.
- The Irishman – Robert De Niro in a Martin Scorsese mob movie - talk about beating a dead horse. Here's how it died: "Mean Streets" A+ NYC grit - "Goodfellas" A depressing tail of gangsterism - "Casino" B+ it's Goodfellas in Las Vegas - "The Departed" B it's Goodfellas and Casino in Boston - "The Irishman" hey Marty, you've been making the same frigg'n movie for the past 50 years (with the same cast!)
- Jojo Rabbit – Hitler + Scarlett Johansson is funny but I have a bad feeling that this is the 2020 version of "The Lobster" (which sucked).
- Joker – Great movie reviewed in KOTCB Deer Life in Clown World - check it out.
- Little Women – 21st Century Women don't understand 19th Century Women and, when you consider everything, I'm not sure today is better than yesterday.
- Marriage Story – Scarlett Johansson is Hitler.
- 1917 – Didn't see it but I did see Peter Jackson's "They Shall Not Grow Old" and that documentary, which is excellent, will show you in vivid color that there was NO GREEN GRASS on the other side of the trench so you know, just from watching the "1917" trailer, that this movie is sugar coating the hellscape of WW1.
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – Brad Pitt is a corporation that hates fucking hippies and I'm okay with that as explained in KOTCB “fine people” on BOTH SIDES.
- Parasite – Bong Joon-ho sucks the life blood out of Hollywood.
I will sum up what happened over the past 55 years in one simple and devastating photo side-by-side which shows what life was like BEFORE Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and AFTER the Parasites drained the soul juice out of La La Land.
|1965 to 2020|
And Goodbye Hollywood.