Leave it to the New York Times to miss the point that Steve Bannon was trying to get through their thick skulls and everyone in the media-industrial complex follows the lead of the NYTimes so they will miss it too (for now). Here's the headline from 42nd Street and their phone call with Darth Vader:Sorry, what country are we in? "Trump Strategist Steve Bannon Says Media Should ‘Keep Its Mouth Shut’, via @nytimes" https://t.co/WvRf5MQXdS— Christiane Amanpour (@camanpour) January 26, 2017
What Bannon actually said was, “The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while.” So a more accurate headline would read:
Listening is not something the MSM does very well and even when they do listen what goes in the ears gets horribly distorted by the feedback loops, ear wax and dead air blocking their inner ear.
That's too bad, but that's the way it is and that's the way it will remain. That's because the Big Foot Media - NYTimesWaPoLATimesBroadcast/CableNews - don't understand the country they are living in and ostensibly reporting on.
“I want you to quote this,” Mr. Bannon added. “The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country. They still do not understand why Donald Trump is the president of the United States.”Example: Christiane Amanpour who was born in the UK to an Iranian father and English mother and was raised in Iran as a child and the UK as a teenager. She showed up in America for college and has lived her internationally focused life from inside the northeast media bubble. She now makes London her home so she doesn't even live in America. "Amanpour played herself in newscasts in the films Iron Man 2 and Pink Panther 2." So I'm not even sure she "lives" on this planet, but she sure as hell doesn't live in this country and "We're Not Going To Shut Up" because...
"And I mean -- if I was going to be funny, I'd say that he's angling for an order of merit from president Sisi, Putin, Erdogan and all the others. That is how they treat their press. That is what they believe the press should be, a compliant state propaganda unit in the service of the president.Umm, I'm sorry, but what is this fine woman talking about? She's very intelligent and a curious reporter with broad international scope and, it must be said, a big compassionate heart but this is delusion on an epic scale.
It is not the tradition of the American press. So of course we're not going to shut up, and why should we? And what have we done wrong? And why should we be humiliated About what? The story was right, we reported the story, whatever it is, we got it right."
- "Not in the tradition of the American press to be a compliant state propaganda unit." - Really? Are you really capable of saying that with a straight face? What the hell was I living through for the last 8 years? What did I just witness during the presidential campaign?
- "Not going to shut up, and why should we?" - So you can listen dumbass and maybe learn something.
- "What have we done wrong?" - You've consistently mislead the consumers of your news product and in the case of the most recent election you got it completely, 100% wrong.
- "Why should we be humiliated?" - Well, as news reporters your job is to accurately report the facts on the ground and not be advocates for one side or the other. The fact that you reported biased, inaccurate news and then lost is humiliating.
- "About what?" - About everything Christiane, about everything - the false polling, the constant trolling, the ticker rolling and the bell tolling. You went all in for Hitlery and you blew it, you lied for her and you still can't accept your defeat.
It's time to shut up and listen CA - It could make you an even better reporter and that would be good for everybody. Also, you might finally learn what country you're living in.